Monday, June 16, 2008

Red Ring of Death: Day Thirteen

Today, Monday June 16, 2008, I logged into my Device Service center to check the status of my Xbox, which I mailed to Microsoft 9 days ago.

Here is the status of my device:



I have to admit that I'm impressed with the turnaround time. Tomorrow is two weeks from when I first received the Red Ring of Death. Hopefully, my Xbox will arrive this week, and despite having to ship my Xbox across the country, I will have completed the process within 3 weeks.

It's unfortunate that I had to bother with this at all, but given the defect, the only 2 changes that would have improved my experience would have been to receive email updates on my status or receive the option to take my Xbox to a local service center where I could have had faster turnaround.

No comments: